DeltaFlyer Episode II was originally posted to hackaday.io. I’ve mirrored it here for my own purposes.
For the Delta Flyer’s maiden voyage, I opted to go cheap and use Prime Line rollers (referenced in an earlier log). They’re fairly inexpensive and I didn’t have much grief finding them at a couple different local stores. They […]
Episode #3 of my Cupcake155 project has been posted.
The key jist being that I found on complex prints, I would typically get a few major slips in the print. There often were also places where the print delayed in a location for a time, this left scars too.
Ultimately, a $10 SD […]
After roughly a month of effort, I’ve now got my old Cupcake heavily retro-fitted and running pretty well.
Cupcake155 Episode 2 gives the key details of how I modified my old MakerBot Cupcake in to something modern and unique. Others may find it helpful to re-trace my steps and perhaps get printing sooner!
I’ve missed playing with 3D printing since I mothballed my printer years ago. It was shelved over major pains in getting the extruder to work properly. I also wasn’t especially fond of working with ABS plastic, which feels pretty toxic to me.
A few weeks back I decided that my old printer, while in bad […]