Here’s my notes on how I approached installing OSX 10.9 on my Late 2007 MacBook (MacBook3,1).
Note I did most of this on a current Mac running 10.9.
Also, this kind of worked. I got the install to run but it wouldn’t boot after install. I’m probably quite close to it working. I’ll update this post with notes if I work on this further.
- Create USB Flash OSX 10.9 installer
- Go to /Volumes/Install OS X Mavericks/Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/
- cp OSInstall.mpkg OSInstall.mpkg__ORIG
- pkgutil –expand OSInstall.mpkg OSInstall
- Find your board-id: oreg -l | grep board-id
- edit /Volumes/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/OSInstall/Distribution
- Add your board-id to the platformSupportValues array in the Distribution file
- pkgutil –flatten ./OSInstall ./OSInstall.mpkg
- Edit the /Volumes/Install OS X Mavericks/System/Library/CoreServices file to also contain your board-id.