Cupcake155 Episode 1

I’ve missed playing with 3D printing since I mothballed my printer years ago. It was shelved over major pains in getting the extruder to work properly. I also wasn’t especially fond of working with ABS plastic, which feels pretty toxic to me.

A few weeks back I decided that my old printer, while in bad shape, was still most of a 3D-printer. I had been looking at ready-made products I could potentially buy, but I wanted the satisfaction of doing most of it for myself. I knew right-off-the-bat that I’d be replacing the extruder as it seems clear to me vast progress has been made about that point.

It’s taken me weeks, but I’ve got the machine operating, at least in all regards except for an extruder. I’ve documented the key steps I took to get this machine in to a usable state again on my Episode 1 project page here.

Here’s a video demonstrating how far I’ve managed to get this vanilla configuration around the Gen3 RepRap motherboard working:

If you want details, check out that project page link above, there’s a fair there and referenced from there.