Cupcake155 Episode 5 is where I list some supporting alterations I’ve made that supporting its operation. These are all nice to have things.
Cupcake155 has been endowed with a sweet lighting system. I built it in an open way, so others can re-trace my steps without having to start from zero. It’s actually a pretty sweet system, I call it Illuminatrix.
Check out Cupcake155 episode 4 here.
After roughly a month of effort, I’ve now got my old Cupcake heavily retro-fitted and running pretty well.
Cupcake155 Episode 2 gives the key details of how I modified my old MakerBot Cupcake in to something modern and unique. Others may find it helpful to re-trace my steps and perhaps get printing sooner!
I’ve missed playing with 3D printing since I mothballed my printer years ago. It was shelved over major pains in getting the extruder to work properly. I also wasn’t especially fond of working with ABS plastic, which feels pretty toxic to me.
A few weeks back I decided that my old printer, while in bad shape, was still most of a 3D-printer. I had been looking at ready-made products I could potentially buy, but I wanted the satisfaction of doing most of it for myself. I knew right-off-the-bat that I’d be replacing the extruder as it seems clear to me vast progress has been made about that point.
It’s taken me weeks, but I’ve got the machine operating, at least in all regards except for an extruder. I’ve documented the key steps I took to get this machine in to a usable state again on my Episode 1 project page here.