It was time to upgrade my secondary video card on my trusty MacPro3,1. I first goofed considerably with a Radeon 5250. I even went so far as to bust out my old firmware editing tools to change the vendor id in a feeble attempt to get OS X to use it without needing to modify kexts. Then I heard that more recent nvidia cards are supported by NVIDIA’s “web” OS X drivers. I swapped the 5250 (with its firmware restored) for a GeForce GT 720.
Episode #3 of my Cupcake155 project has been posted.
The key jist being that I found on complex prints, I would typically get a few major slips in the print. There often were also places where the print delayed in a location for a time, this left scars too.
Ultimately, a $10 SD board and a quick firmware change later and my prints were vastly improved.
I’m a fairly heavy user of trac. I’ve got various software projects I organize using trac. I decided to upgrade one of my Ubuntu 12.04 servers to Ubuntu 14.04 and of course ran in to the typical apache2 headaches that are born out of this particular transition.
After remembering to rename my virtual host files with .conf extensions (I find that change annoying as hell on its own), I kept running aground with an Internal Server Error message to which I couldn’t even find a hint in my logs, even after cranking up the verbosity.
Here’s my diary from the “epic” experience of simply trying to upgrade Alfresco installations from 4.2.c to 4.2.f. I found the community documentation to be dated and had minimal confidence in its current validity. Still, it helped. These are my final notes on the process and in actuality there were a lot of wrong turns I made along the way before landing with the below. I spent like 5 hours working this out. Crazy.
In my case, my 4.2.c installation was performed by the .bin installer from the Alfresco website. Similarly, my 4.2.f installation used the .bin install method as well.
Note my alfresco installations are located on my server under
My original alfresco installation had an init script created to run it, named alfresco.
I’ve been working on migrating a Moodle 2.4+ installation from a rickety old Ubuntu 10.04 server on Amazon EC2 to a fresh machine as I can’t seem to update the original server to 12.04, which has newer PHP packages I require to run Moodle 2.6+, which I want specifically due to a user stats plugin I want installed.. So with one thing leading to another, I ran aground recently when I upgraded Ubuntu’s 12.04 Apache2 version to Apache 2.4 (from some PPA). This resulted in my site no longer working, it pretty much just said access denied. This was due to some new Apache security setting that my migrated Virtual Host config lacked.
Should I run in to later, I’m throwing down steps I’ll follow to avoid the same ice bergs that costs me to burn a little more coffee than I’d prefer….
Step 1) Install PHP5.5/Apache2.4 via PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php5;sudo apt-get update;apt-get -y upgrade
Step 2) Check VHost Config’s Directory sections, add
Require all granted if not present.
Here’s the key stuff I used to find this approach in the first place: http://askubuntu.com/questions/109404/how-do-i-install-latest-php-in-supported-ubuntu-versions-like-5-4-x-in-ubuntu-1